ETC Scheme ‘Access to Employment (A2E) scheme’
Scheme is intended for the recruitment of unemployed and inactive job seekers. Recruitment should be on a full time basis of 40 hour week or part time (20 hours or 25 hours or 30 hours a week basis). The scheme is operated by ETC at a total available budget of €12 million (annual ceilings of €2.4 million).
Any undertaking engaged in economic activity irrespective of its legal form is eligible to apply. This include limited lability companies, partnerships and self-employed persons.
Benefits of Scheme
|Disadvantaged persons category||Grant assistance||Grant amount per week|
1. Any person of age 24 and over who has been unemployed/inactive for 6 months.
|26 weeks||Flat rate €85|
2. Any person of age 24 and over who has been unemployed for the previous 12 months during which s/he participated in a traineeship with the applicant Undertaking.
|52 weeks||Flat rate €85|
|3. Any person who is living as a single adult who has one or more dependants and is not in full-time employment.||52 weeks||Flat rate €85|
|4. Any person of age 24 and over who has not attained an upper secondary educational or vocational qualification (ISCED 3), who does not have a job.||52 weeks||Flat rate €85|
|5. Any person older than 50 years who does not have a job.||52 weeks||Flat rate €85|
|Severely disadvantaged persons category||Grant assistance||Grant amount per week|
|6. Any person who has ben unemployed/inactive for the previous 12 months during which s/he has not benefited from a traineeship with the applicant Undertaking and who belongs to one of the categories (3) to (5).||104 weeks||Flat rate €85|
|7. Any person of age 24 and over who has been unemployed/inactive for the previous 24 months during which s/he has not benefited from a traineeship with the applicant Undertaking participated in a traineeship with the applicant Undertaking.||104 weeks||Flat rate €85|
|Disabled persons category||Grant assistance||Grant amount per week|
|8. Any person who is a registered disabled person under national law and is not in full-time employment.||156 weeks||Flat rate €125|
The above grant rates are based on 40 hour week. In case of part-time employment, grant is worked pro-rata.
Main scheme criteria
- Application & other requested documentation should be submitted latest by end of August 2019.
- The claimed recruitment should represent a net increase in the headcount. It is calculated by comparing the headcount as at A2E form acknowledgment date to the preceding twelve months.
- The undertaking must be financially sound. Amongst others limited companies should have not more than half of its subscribed share capital has been absorbed by losses.
- Employed persons must be classified either as disadvantaged persons, severly disadvantaged persons or disabled persons as described in the above table.
- Recruits under this scheme should not have employed by the same applying undertaking during the preceding 12 months.
- The undertaking is responsible to implement the requirements listed in the Grant Agreement and the guidance notes. List of scheme beneficiaries will be uploaded on ETC website.
- Recruits should not reach pensionable age before the end of grant agreement period.
- Applicant must retain the recruits for a further period following the end of the subsidized period as follows:
|Subsidy duration (weeks)||Retention period (weeks)||Minimum employment period (weeks)|
Upon premature employment termination, both the undertaking and recruit should fill the scheme justification form. Applicant will receive subsidy only for the whole weeks that the recruits are employed on the A2E Scheme.
- Grant Agreement period shall commence after the grant acceptance letter date or the engagement date; whichever comes last.
- An employment contract should be signed by both the undertaking and recruit.
- In order to claim the reimbursement, the applicant shall submit additional payment forms as per guidance notes.
- Upon termination of grant period, applicant must submit implementation report.
- A unique dedicated bank account must be used for the payment of recruit salary. Such bank account number should also be quoted on the application form in order to be used for reimbursement by the Malta Treasury.
- Recruit salary cannot be paid by cash.
- For accounting purposes, the applicant must use a unique nominal ledger account code to account the transcations related to this project.
- Following reimbursement applicant must submit either the auditor's report assuring that the financial statement give a true and fair view of the financial position or an auditor's certificate providing assurance that adequate accounting code was maintained.
- All documents relevant to this scheme should be maintained for 10 years.
- Submission of A2E application must be send before end August 2019. Recruitment must take place not later than September 2019. Applications are processed by ETC within one month after receipt of complete documentation.
- Together with the application the following documents must be submitted: copy of both sides of the recruit's id card; applicant's declaration; copy of applicant's vat certifiacte; supplementary financial sheet; verification form (if required); signed recruit cv (if required); copy of Maltese Residence permit/card if the recruit is other EU national.