Which industry sectors are forming companies in Malta?
A number of industries attract companies to be incorporated in Malta. To mention a few, these would include:
- Transportation: Mainly companies in the maritime & aviation fields due to the favourable legislative and tax efficient provisions in relation to companies operating in these industries.
- Financial Services: These, amongst others, include financial institutions, insurance entities such as captives & protected cell companies, and investment services firms who avail of Malta’s benefits outlined above, whilst taking advantage of EU passporting and operating in a jurisdiction which is highly regarded for its legislative infrastructure in this field and its protection to investors and the general public.
- Gaming: Malta is one of the premier jurisdictions for gaming companies , in particular iGaming, being one of the two countries in the EU which license such entities, whilst taking advantage of EU passporting and operating in a jurisdiction which is highly regarded for its legislative infrastructure in this field.
- IT: Malta is being recognised as the IT hub of Europe, with the establishment of Smart City as well as the resources in place to cater for such companies.
- High level manufacturing/servicing: Malta has an edge in such industries, with a number of companies coming from diverse industries such as pharmaceutical, electronics and precise engineering sectors requiring not simply a good jurisdiction to establish in but also where they can attract the necessary human resources.