I am going to register for VAT. How can I register as an exempt person?

Persons whose turnover is below the established thresholds for small undertakings can apply to be registered as an exempt person. The three applicable thresholds are:


Entry threshold €

 Economic activities consisting principally of the supply of goods.


 Economic activities consisting principally of services with a relatively low value added such as an electrician


 Economic activities consisting of services such as an accountant or a lawyer


Persons whose annual turnover is below €7,000 are not obliged to register for Vat and issue Vat receipts.  Such persons are still required to issue an ordinary receipt as required by the Income Tax Act.